Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Query Problem!

Hello!
I am using Visual Studio 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.
I have a table like this in my db:

-- MyTable ------------------------

id name
1 ??????????
?????????? ??? 2

-----------------------------

You can see non-english characters under name.
Now it is my query:
SELECT *
FROM MyTable
WHERE (name LIKE '%??????????%')

But it doesn't bring up any results... I have used = sign, but it doesn't do anything...

Why?

Sorry for my poor EnglishWhat is your data type andcollation setting for the Name column?|||

Try LIKE N'%....'

Sorry if it doesn't work, I don't usually work with foreign characters that way, I would use a parameter and let the user type whatever they needed.

|||It works! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment